- Playwright for Java v1.10 is now stable!
- Run Playwright against Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge stable channels with the new channels API.
- Chromium screenshots are fast on Mac & Windows.
- Chromium 90.0.4430.0
- Mozilla Firefox 87.0b10
- WebKit 14.2
This version of Playwright was also tested against the following stable channels:
- Google Chrome 89
- Microsoft Edge 89
- Playwright Inspector is a new GUI tool to author and debug your tests.
- Line-by-line debugging of your Playwright scripts, with play, pause and step-through.
- Author new scripts by recording user actions.
- Generate element selectors for your script by hovering over elements.
- Set the
PWDEBUG=1environment variable to launch the Inspector
- Pause script execution with page.pause(). in headed mode. Pausing the page launches Playwright Inspector for debugging.
- New has-text pseudo-class for CSS selectors.
:has-text("example")matches any element containing
"example"somewhere inside, possibly in a child or a descendant element. See more examples.
- Page dialogs are now auto-dismissed during execution, unless a listener for
dialogevent is configured. Learn more about this.
- Playwright for Python is now stable with an idiomatic snake case API and pre-built Docker image to run tests in CI/CD.
- Chromium 90.0.4421.0
- Mozilla Firefox 86.0b10
- WebKit 14.1
Selecting elements based on layout with
Playwright now includes command line interface, former playwright-cli.$ npx playwright --help
page.selectOption(selector, values[, options]) now waits for the options to be present.
- page.isChecked(selector[, options]).
- page.isDisabled(selector[, options]).
- page.isEditable(selector[, options]).
- page.isEnabled(selector[, options]).
- page.isHidden(selector[, options]).
- page.isVisible(selector[, options]).
- New option
'editable'in elementHandle.waitForElementState(state[, options]).
- Chromium 90.0.4392.0
- Mozilla Firefox 85.0b5
- WebKit 14.1
- Browser storage API: New convenience APIs to save and load browser storage state (cookies, local storage) to simplify automation scenarios with authentication.
- New CSS selectors: We heard your feedback for more flexible selectors and have revamped the selectors implementation. Playwright 1.7 introduces new CSS extensions and there's more coming soon.
- New website: The docs website at playwright.dev has been updated and is now built with Docusaurus.
- Support for Apple Silicon: Playwright browser binaries for WebKit and Chromium are now built for Apple Silicon.
- browserContext.storageState([options]) to get current state for later reuse.
storageStateoption in browser.newContext([options]) and browser.newPage([options]) to setup browser context state.
- Chromium 89.0.4344.0
- Mozilla Firefox 84.0b9
- WebKit 14.1